SHOULD YOU REGISTER FOR AUTOCAD FOR INTERIOR DESIGN OR REVIT FOR INTERIOR DESIGN?
AutoCAD is a 2D and 3D drafting software used to prepare blueprints, models, interior designs, and engineering plans. Mechanical and electrical drafters use AutoCAD to draw layouts for wiring and mechanical devices. Architects use AutoCAD to draw 3D interiors such as walls, doors, and windows. Anyone looking to work in the interior design or commercial or residential construction industries should consider becoming proficient in AutoCAD software.
Revit is the industry standard BIM (Building Information Modeling) software application. It is used by architects, interior designers, structural, mechanical, plumbing, and electrical engineers. With Revit, you are creating a completely detailed 3D digital twin of the facility that will be built. The 3D model allows for instant creation of elevations, schedules, renderings, and many other features that are completely lacking in 2D CAD programs like AutoCAD.
CAD Training Online provides interior design students with the skills and materials they need to build an attractive portfolio and progress within the industry. Our AutoCAD interior design course is focused on a hotel suite layout project where students will learn how to practically apply their AutoCAD skills. Our Revit interior design training focuses on a commercial project and is our most popular class. The skills learned in this class are applicable to residential interior design.
Students can choose between instructor-led and self-paced courses that best reflect their learning style. Contact us for more information on CAD interior design and other training programs.
Interior Design Courses FAQ
- What are the benefits of an interior designing course?: The most obvious benefit of interior design courses is the in-depth knowledge students receive to help breakthrough into the industry of their choice.
- What courses are needed for interior design?: It depends on the industry of your focus. At CAD Training Online, we offer a number of drafting and modeling classes to help students get their foot in the door at a firm. CAD Training Online also offers more advanced options for enhanced understanding.
- How much do interior design beginner’s courses cost?: With CAD Online Training, our online courses are readily affordable and start as low as $395, depending on the industry and software.
- How much do advanced interior design courses cost?: Classes can be found here. Once introductory courses are finished, students can often get a ground-level position at companies to help pay for advanced courses.
- What is the course duration of interior design courses?: With CAD Online Training, we offer both instructor-led courses which are on a set schedule and are either 24 or 32 hours in duration, or self-paced courses so students can learn at their own speed.
Training Objectives of Interior Design Courses
The emphasis of our interior design training is to first understand specific descriptions and instructions found in the AutoCAD or Revit software. Our instructors specialize in helping the non-technical, creative students and visual learners overcome the common hesitation of using the computer to produce drawings. We instruct our students on how to use AutoCAD as 2D software to design a hotel suite or Revit as 3D design software to create a highly detailed office space.
Our training courses are IDCEC, AIA and CES registered, and students will receive an official Autodesk Certified Training Center certificate of completion at the end of the course. CAD Training Online provides both emerging interior designers and experienced professionals with the resources they need to build a diverse portfolio and learn about the cutting-edge software that makes designing more efficient.
Enroll In AutoCAD or Revit Interior Design Today
Moving ahead in nearly any industry requires technical knowledge. No matter your experience, interior designers can further their careers by becoming certified in AutoCAD or Revit. Contact CAD Training Online to learn more about our other courses, the price of tuition, and each of our certified instructors.
Rick was a great instructor! He makes himself readily available to answer any and all questions and doesn’t seem to be frustrated if this is the fourth time he’s explained the same material. He speaks slowly and clearly and ensures all students understand the task at hand before moving on to the next step. Thanks, Rick!
Great first class! Loved that we could openly communicate and speak up and ask questions when needed. Thorough explanations and examples and easy to follow.