The Software & Information Industry Association (SIIA), the principal trade association for the software and digital content industries, announced Global eTraining as one of 31 CODiE Award winners in the education technology category. A SIIA CODiE Award win for ed tech companies is an especially prestigious honor, as each award winner has been selected by a combination of educators, who act as initial judges by selecting finalists from among all nominees, and SIIA member-company peers, who vote to select the winners from among the finalists.
“SIIA’s 2014 Education CODiE Award winners’ are some of the most innovative, high-impact education products out there,” said SIIA Vice President for the Education Division Karen Billings.
The GeT Interactive training reaches students with varied learning styles through text, audio, demos, exercises, and videos, engaging all the senses and anchoring learning with action. The result is better learning outcomes and productivity gains for its primary customer base of professional software users.
It’s one thing to know that simply sticking videos online doesn’t result in effective learning or high retention rates.
It’s another to create online training that’s markedly more effective.
AUTODESK ONLINE SELF PACED TRAINING FEATURES
Interactivity: Every aspect of the Autodesk self paced training course requires interactivity with the courseware and software. This increases retention and engagement with the curriculum.
Hands-on: Every topic has practical examples embedded. This allows the learner to practice using the Autodesk software with downloadable class files designed to best demonstrate different concepts.
E-Text: Allows the learner to follow step-by-step instructions to receive maximum benefits from the software.
Refresher Tests: At the midway point in every chapter there is a short, unofficial quiz to help learners gauge their understanding of material presented throughout the course.
Narratives: All E-Text is explained by an Autodesk instructor to describe the topic from a different perspective, ensuring learners acquire a full understanding of software functionalities, and engaging them in a different way.
Quizzes: At the end of each chapter there are quizzes which will again test retention of course material and demonstrate competencies.
E-demos: Clear, concise and detailed real-time, narrated video demonstrations on how to perform software functions.
Help Desk: Certified Autodesk software users are available to assist when questions arise.
E-Tips and E-Knowledge: Tips and tricks, best practices and shortcuts, added from the instructor’s experience.
E-mail based support is just a click away.
ADVANTAGES OF SELF PACED AUTODESK TRAINING
- As much as 40 – 60% cost savings.
- Lower cost per person.
- Less productivity lost from being away from workplace.
- Often less training time required due to only required modules needed or no
- Modules if learner did well on pre-test.
- Decrease in employee time-to-productivity/time-to-competency.
- Lower attrition and reduced recruitment costs as empowered employees
- Develop the skills they want at their own rate.
- As much as 25% higher retention rate than classroom training.
- Rapid roll-out of training. Just-in-time or refresher training.
- Overcomes barrier of geographically dispersed locations.
- Material is available instantly.
- 25 years of technical asynchronous and vocational training experience
- Instructional design expertise
- Tailored and customized solutions
- Easy to implement throughout a company or educational institution
- Uses all learning styles for increased retention levels
- Interactive delivery
- Competency-based training and progress
- Flexibility to cover full e-Learning continuum: from a resource tool to a full course
- Immediate feedback with technical and help-desk support
- Wide variety of Autodesk software courses available – specialty courses may be developed on request
- Content from Recognized Publishers: Wiley and White Frog
BENEFITS OF SELF PACED AUTODESK TRAINING
- Flexible, convenient, no time barriers, no travel costs
- Interactive, high-retention, all learning styles, support, easy access to information.
- Safe, secure, fun, effective and cutting edge.
- Prepare for Autodesk certification and enhance your resume
- Low infrastructure costs, low human resources costs, easy administration
- No geographic limitations, easily modified, small or large groups
- Consistent information and competency assessments
- Combines the stimulation of instructor-led courses with the flexibility and cost effectiveness of online training