- AutoCAD is a 2D and 3D drafting software used to prepare blueprints, models, interior designs, and engineering plans. Mechanical and electrical drafters use AutoCAD to draw layouts for wiring and mechanical devices. Architects use AutoCAD to draw 2d interiors such as walls, doors, and windows. Anyone looking to work in the interior design or commercial or residential construction industries should consider becoming proficient in AutoCAD software.
- Revit is the industry standard BIM (Building Information Modeling) software application. It is used by architects, interior designers, and structural, mechanical, plumbing, and electrical engineers. With Revit, you are creating a completely detailed 3D digital twin of the facility that will be built. The 3D model allows for the instant creation of elevations, schedules, renderings, and many other features that are completely lacking in 2D CAD programs like AutoCAD.
CAD Training Online provides interior design students with the skills and materials they need to build an attractive portfolio and progress within the industry. Our AutoCAD interior design course is focused on a hotel suite layout project where students will learn how to practically apply their AutoCAD skills.
Our Revit interior design training focuses on a commercial project and is our most popular class. The skills learned in this class are applicable to residential interior design.
Students can choose between instructor-led and self-paced courses that best reflect their learning style. Contact us for more information on CAD interior design and other training programs.
Interior Design Courses FAQ
- What are the benefits of an interior design course? – The most obvious benefit of interior design courses is the in-depth knowledge students receive to help them break through into the industry of their choice. Our instructors are professionally certified by Autodesk and have over 30 years of design and training experience.
- What courses are needed for interior design? – It depends on the industry of your focus. At CAD Training Online, we offer a number of drafting and modeling classes to help students get their foot in the door at a firm. We offer training on how to read a blueprint. CAD Training Online also offers more advanced options for enhanced understanding.
- How much do interior design beginner’s courses cost? – With CAD Online Training, our online courses are readily affordable and start as low as $1,295 for 24 hours of instructor-led online AutoCAD interior design training and $1,495 for 32 hours of instructor-led online Revit interior design training.
- How much do advanced interior design courses cost? – Classes can be found here. Once introductory courses are finished, students can often get a ground-level position at companies to help pay for advanced courses.
- What is the course duration of interior design courses? – With CAD Online Training, we offer both instructor-led courses which are on a set schedule and are either 24 or 32 hours in duration, or self-paced courses so students can learn at their own speed.
Training Objectives of Interior Design Courses
The emphasis of our interior design training is to first understand specific descriptions and instructions found in the AutoCAD or Revit software. Our instructors specialize in helping non-technical, creative students and visual learners overcome the common hesitation of using the computer to produce drawings. We instruct our students on how to use AutoCAD as 2D software to design a hotel suite or Revit as 3D design software to create a highly detailed commercial office space.
Our training courses are IDCEC, AIA and CES registered, and students will receive an official Autodesk Certified Training Center certificate of completion at the end of the course. CAD Training Online provides both emerging interior designers and experienced professionals with the resources they need to build a diverse portfolio and learn about cutting-edge software that makes designing more efficient.
Enroll In AutoCAD or Revit Interior Design Today
Moving ahead in nearly any industry requires technical knowledge. No matter your experience, interior designers can further their careers by becoming certified in AutoCAD or Revit. Contact CAD Training Online to learn more about our other courses, the price of tuition, and each of our certified instructors.
I learned a lot in this class. I also use a Lighting software program to do lighting calculations and the AutoCAD class even helped with that program. It was very informative and helpful in my new position. I think that my Instructor (Rick Feineis) is amazing and so very knowledgeable with AutoCAD. He also is very helpful, even after the class is completed. Extremely satisfied with this course!
The course was exactly what I was looking for and look forward to the next steps.
Thank you! Rachel was very helpful and worked with me to fast-track my registration. Rick was a wonderful instructor! He has a wealth of experience and was very giving of his time. The course was very well laid out. I was very inspired and motivated to continue to learn more! Thank you again!
Rick provided a course that was more full of tidbits of knowledge than I could have hoped for. Attempting to apply my new knowledge the next day proved I was able to repeat what I learned. Rick was interested in my industry and did his best to understand what we use AutoCAD for, and how he can help us be more efficient at our daily tasks. Awesome job!